Sipping a hot cup of coffee while sitting on a favorite couch at home is what most of us would love to do after a long and tiring day at the office. Yet being tied down with the job of fixing a dinner you have to do this hurriedly and rush to your kitchen. An alternative would be stopping on your way home at a fast food restaurant for a quick bite which is not healthy always. With some advanced preparation done you can make a quick dinner and keep it healthy too.
Some Advance Preparation Tips for Making Quick Dinner:
If you want to reduce your time in the kitchen during the work week, you may consider these advance preparation tips which helps to make quick dinner all over the week:
- Make extra baked potatoes when cooking for one meal. Use the extras baked potatoes for casserole in the future. Chop vegetables of your choice on the weekend and bag in meal sized portions.
- Cut boneless chicken into cubes or strips for use in meals like stir fry or fried rice. Freeze in meal size portions and thaw in the refrigerator the day to be prepared.
- Cook a whole chicken on the weekend. Shred the meat. Freeze in meal sized portions. Save the broth for making a soup or a chicken and dumpling meal.
Some Tips to rustle up a Quick Dinner:
- An easy and quicker process to make a quick dinner is to freeze meals ahead when you have more preparation time.
- Shopping and cooking meals required for a month and freezing it to use it as and when required will be of great help.
- Keep a container in the freezer for accumulating left over for a great soup meal.
- The recipes for casseroles can be prepared in double quantity to freeze it for your future and make a quick dinner.
- You can freeze an extra meal of tonight’s dinner to use it later.
- Keep plenty of freezer containers for preparing meals and other food items in advance.
- Label the stored items in the freezer date wise so that they do not go wasted.